Copywriting for persuasion and copywriting for SEO have different objectives. Copy writing for persuasion often hinders copywriting for SEO by including words such as adjectives and adverbs which reduce the keyword density of target phrases. Traditional copywriters often don't have any idea about copywriting for SEO. I used to edit what traditional copywriters wrote and then have them run me down to my new client which they'd had a good relationship for years. It took time for me to convince my SEO client that copywriting for search engine optimisation (SEO) on landing pages is what opens the door to persuasion. I admit that sometimes the copywriting grammar and even deliberate miss spelling I do, makes the hairs of the back of my client's neck stand up but the client is always right even when they're wrong, so compromise it is. Copy need to be interesting enough to hold readers to a web page. Mose of my copywritng for SEO is Australia focused.
Example deliberate targeting misspelled domain name with keyboard proximity errors:
Don't laugh. It's on page one of SERPs for "accommAdation perth". Traffic is worth the $10pa domain name redirection.
The chart below shows that 50% of the time Australians spelled accommodation with a missing "m", ie "accomodation" but with time or perhapse spell checkers, Australians are getting better at spelling:
Misspelling is also misspelled or is that misspelt derived from spelt as either a grain like wheat or past tense of spell :-) Gotta love English:
Here's for my Australian SEO copywriter competitors who haven't done their keyword research:
Copywriting for SEO Tips
- The ESSENTIAL Good Keywords Report. @ only $40. You need to know what people are searching for and what words to weave into your copywriting for SEO.
- Keyword density is important. Avoid dilution but also avoid black hat SEO keyword stuffing.
- Use keyword variants eg run running runner
- Keyword Prominence: Good copywriting for SEO puts important phrases near the top of the page. I don't mean my pet hate words like "welcome" or "contact us" or "products". Yuk! Even words like "this" "that" "it" can be replaced with keywords.
- Keyword rich headings are important.
- Keyword rich hypertext (anchor text) and hyperlinks are important.
- Copywriting for SEO must hold the reader's attention to the page for a while. Time spent on a webpage sends a message to the search engines about its worthwhileness. If you've read copywriting for SEO tips so far, thank you for sending a message back to the search engine that this page about copywriting for SEO is OK.
- Geo targeting with place names is common for many websites. Eg "copywriting for SEO Australia" "copy writing for seo perth wa"
- There are other off page web marketing and behind the page tips for SEO in the html code of a web page such as the description meta tag but those web marketing tips are not the domain of this copywriting page.
Examples of Poor Copywriting for SEO
If bad copywriting for SEO is necessary, a simple option is to use an image of text like copy just above.
Examples of Good SEO Copywriting
Good white hat SEO copywriting helps my webpages, to "organic" SERP (Search Engine Results Page) winners of major search engines. Copy writing for SEO can promote your web marketing efforts. Use of variants such as copy-writing or copy writing and misspellings: copyrighting copyright is a factor for copywriting for search engine optimisation ( SEO ) strategy.
Phone Contact Ben Grummels telephone number of copywriter for SEO in Perth Western Australia for your free introductory white hat copywriting for SEO consultation.
showing address of copywriter for SEO Australia near the Indian Ocean city of Perth Western Australia.